Would you like to work with people from all over the World? Do you believe in Entrepreneurship & Innovation?
If the answer to all these questions is YES, we are looking for you!
We are a passionate and dynamic New Product Development Company. We offer our clients a 360º service from conceptual design to series production. We solve complex engineering problems and develop next generation products.
Due to our rapid expansion in the UK, we are searching for a Principal Embedded Software Engineer for our company Fen Technology Ltd, part of Inspiralia Group.
The role at Fen involves all stages of the design process from initial feasibility to supporting new product introduction. You need to be competent at time management and whilst the projects are team focused you should be able to work autonomously with minimal direct supervision. You should be able to clearly demonstrate experience in all the following areas:
- First-hand knowledge of the software development lifecycle, from requirements capture through design, implementation and validation to software release for high volume manufacturing
- Translation of requirements into a coherent design
- C/C++ software design and development in an embedded environment
- Working with Real-time Operating Systems (e.g. FreeRTOS)
- Development and debugging with prototype hardware and evaluation kits
- Good appreciation of hardware (e.g. MCUs, memory, sensors, modems, etc.)
- Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Use of bug tracking systems
- Leading successful software development teams in the context of multidisciplinary projects
- Working in a commercial environment, where time is money and good communication with clients and colleagues is key
You should be able to show past track record in at least four of the following areas:
- Device drivers (I2C, SPI, USB)
- Hardware control (GPIO, UARTs, DMA)
- Embedded Linux at BSP level
- Embedded TCP/IP networking
- Wireless technologies (e.g. Bluetooth LE, WiFi, etc.)
- Communications protocol design
- Scripting Languages
- Using REST APIs
- System security/encryption techniques
In addition, you ideally should have some knowledge or interest in three or more of the following areas:
- Embedded control and monitoring solutions
- Wearable electronics
- Connected ‘Internet of Things’ products
- Location based systems
As we often have to use the tools and methodologies that our clients prescribe, we’re keen to support you to adapt your working methods and quickly get to grips with new concepts. We also expect you to be meticulous in the way you write and document your code.
The rewards available are:
- Competitive remuneration package commensurate with your skill and experience level
- Interaction with a team of highly experienced engineers keen to share knowledge and work together to develop Fen’s skill base
- Friendly dynamic working environment with a supportive team approach
- A chance to develop your skills and experience-profile in a wide range of exciting technologies and markets
- Attractive workplace in a pleasant rural village location on the edge of Cambridge without the usual traffic issues to contend with
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org